Zadar from the Bell Tower – Zadar. Photo by Michael Daines
The ever-evolving town of Zadar is an arising culinary spot, with top gourmet chefs flocking to new and old dining establishments. Many stay true to their Mediterranean origins: fresh seafood, delicious home made macaronis, and risottos – but creative meals now mix with more old-fashioned fare. Eating in Zadar’s restaurants is a laid-back affair; you typically don’t have to fancy up although the food is more than worth it. Zadar cuisine has become rather innovative and most importantly, it’s fairly priced. There are also great fish taverns, student-filled cafés and a thriving bar scene, with prices comparing positively with those further down the Adriatic coast.
Highly recommended places where to eat in Zadar:
– Restaurant “Lungo Mare” – outdoor patio with sea view, fish and meat food list, home made cheese cake.
– Tavern “Skoblar” – meat and fish menu, food made under the lid. Good value for money
– Restaurant “Kornat” – Contemporary, stylish and roomy, this is a favourite for a business dinner, a intimate dinner or a gentle gastronomic adventure into the soul of Dalmatian cuisine. It’s also got a
– Tavern “Stomorica” – one of the first taverns in Zadar, old-fashioned Dalmatian meals, smoked ham and cheese, fish and shellfish, beef stew with dumplings. Address: Stomorica 12.great location on the Zadar port. Address: Liburnska obala.
– Fish restaurant “Fosa” – seafood, well-known for bruschetta, old-fashioned Dalmatian menu, recommendations of olive oil in the menu. Address: Kralja Dmitra Zvonimira 2.
For more information about restaurants in Zadar, please visit this URL: http://www.zadar-apartments.co.uk/en/recommended-restaurants-in-zadar!